NOTE: Ventura County has postponed the hearing. New date is not yet set. Stay Tuned.
CFROG and Food & Water Watch have filed an appeal of an oil and gas project in Oxnard because the county has failed to properly study the cumulative health impacts of the expansion proposed on this project, as well as consider the potential expansion of the Cabrillo Oil Field.
This is the second public hearing in our appeal process. On March 13 the appeal will be heard before the Ventura County Board of Supervisors.
1) Call/email YOUR Supervisor TODAY – let them know you want the county to do the full and proper cumulative health impact study in order to determine the actual potential impacts on the nearby state recognized disadvantaged community.
2) Come to the hearing – whether you speak or not filling a seat to show solidarity for #EnviroJusticeForOxnard is important.
3) Share this event and invites friends to take Action.
Details and Actions Items Here: http://www.cfrog.org/
Board Hearing Room
Instructions for using the calendar:
– Click on any event on the Calendar to see details about that event, including (when possible) a link to the original announcement.
– Clicking on the “Find Events” or “Narrow Your Search Results” boxes, or on the colored categories, are all different ways to help you find events you might be interested in. Note you can use categories to search by event type and tags to search by issue/topic.
– Click on the “View As” box to toggle between Month, Week, Day, or List views (“Month” and “List” tend to be the most useful).
Important disclaimers: This calendar is currently maintained by only a few individuals, and the events listed are generally based on what we have been able to gather off the internet. It is strongly recommended that you contact the individual organizations to confirm that details of their events (date, time, location, etc.) are correct before attending.
We make every effort to update the calendar weekly, but given our time constraints, this doesn’t always happen. If you want to help out in any way, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Thanks!