- This event has passed.
Immigrant Rights – Education for Allies
January 13 @ 7:00 pm - 10:00 pm
• Current immigration news and developments
• Common solutions to various immigration issues
• Know-Your-Rights (basic rights available to all people, regardless of immigration status)
Q & A Panel: Rafael Torres, III, Álvaro J. de Regil, and Julie Diaz Martinez
Rafael Torres, III is an immigration attorney at The Torres Law Firm, APLC, in Simi Valley, and a member of the steering committee for the local immigrants’ rights group Buen Vecino (“Good Neighbor”). A graduate of Loyola Law School and California Lutheran University, he has successfully represented clients in applications for family-based green cards, U.S. citizenship, humanitarian parole, U-Visa Petitions, and asylum, among others. Rafael has also been successful in defending his clients against deportation, securing dismissal of cases based on the exercise of Prosecutorial Discretion by the Department of Homeland Security, as well as reopening cases where clients had been previously ordered deported.
Álvaro J. de Regil is a member of the Immigration Work Group of Clergy for Laity United for Economic Justice of Ventura County, a member of the Buen Vecino steering committee, and is the Executive Director of The Living Wages North and South Initiative.
Julie Diaz Martinez serves as Immigrants’ Rights Team Leader for Indivisible Conejo and is also a member of Buen Vecino steering committe.
Event is free of charge/donations gratefully accepted
Instructions for using the calendar:
– Click on any event on the Calendar to see details about that event, including (when possible) a link to the original announcement.
– Clicking on the “Find Events” or “Narrow Your Search Results” boxes, or on the colored categories, are all different ways to help you find events you might be interested in. Note you can use categories to search by event type and tags to search by issue/topic.
– Click on the “View As” box to toggle between Month, Week, Day, or List views (“Month” and “List” tend to be the most useful).
Important disclaimers: This calendar is currently maintained by only a few individuals, and the events listed are generally based on what we have been able to gather off the internet. It is strongly recommended that you contact the individual organizations to confirm that details of their events (date, time, location, etc.) are correct before attending.
We make every effort to update the calendar weekly, but given our time constraints, this doesn’t always happen. If you want to help out in any way, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Thanks!
For more political events, please see calendar maintained by Indivisible Ventura here